Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Translating Bouncer Speak


















“We’re at capacity”
The place is empty but you rolled up with 3 dudes. (My favorite part of this one is a minute after saying this stretch hummer of 20 girls will roll up and walk right in)

“It’s a private party tonight”
By private I mean it excludes fat chicks.

“I don’t see you on the list”
You’re ugly and I’m hoping dumb enough to not realize there isn’t actually a list in my hand

“That promoter isn’t here tonight”
I’m going to go yell at him for inviting you

“Who are you with?”
Ditch the guys who drove you here (And they will)

“That promoters list is closed”
To you

“Gimme a sec”
You’ll be out here all night. Save yourself some time and just go straight to Saddle Ranch.

There's a great movie called Bounce that takes this a step further and looks at the lives of bouncers in NY and LA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment