Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brutal Honesty

I was reminded of this story by my friend Juni, who attended the opening weekend of a A-level club on Santa Monica Blvd. with me. The promoter on the night is arguably the biggest promoter in town. We roll up and are talking to the bouncer as a frantic and growing crowd outside is trying to get in and pretending to text someone to ameliorate the awkwardness of being on the wrong side of the velvet rope.

The promoter - who I'll call "Simon" - comes out and people start shouting his name to try to get themselves in.

A guy shouts at him:
Dude: "Simon, I know you from blah, blah, blah"
Simon: "Sorry bro, tomorrow night I might know you, but tonight I don't. "

A pair of girls (cute, but not hot) start shouting at him:

Girls: "Simon, Simon get us in!!!"
Simon: *looking them up and down* "Sorry girls, only the pretty people inside tonight"

Then he walks back inside.

Wow. I've never been more inspired in entire my life. I think I actually shed a tear of joy.

1 comments:

Nisha Nisha said...

wow!

Post a Comment