Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Plausible Deniability

These are two of my favorites

“I don’t go to clubs to meet guys”

This is ALWAYS followed by this exchange:
Me: The last guy you dated. What was his name?
Girl: Blah, blah, blah
Me: Where did you meet him?
Girl: At a club
Me: *Staring blankly, then walking away*

“I don’t really go clubbing”

The majority of girls say this at some point in the conversation. I get it; you don’t want to be known as a “club girl.” But seriously these places are packed week after week, with girls who supposedly don’t go clubbing. It reminds me of reading that 74% of people say they have better than average judgment (this is obviously mathematically impossible). The same principle has been shown in studies of job performance, driving ability, and physical appearance.

But really you don’t go clubbing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment