Wednesday, February 17, 2010

At the door

As I discussed in a previous post, one of the hazards of promoting is that you don't always know who someone is friends with. So I might know a really cute girl, but she might be the cute one in the group.

So started promoting at a new spot on Friday night. The night is going well, all my people are getting in no problem until I get a text from a cute girl in my phone.

Girl: Hey I'm here. I gave your name at the door but it didn't work.
Me: Who are you with?
Girl: 4 girls

I cringe because I know what this means. I walk out to take a look and I see them standing there. They aren't linebackers or anything but I see the problem. Never-the-less I pitch my case to door guy.

Me: "Hey man, these four are mine...what's the issue?" (as if I didn't know)
Door Guy: "2 girls are alright, 2 aren't. One of them looks like a penguin."

Ouch.

The funny thing is, she wasn't fat. He just apparently thought she looked like this:


0 comments:

Post a Comment